- Headache tablets: yes seriously! Your body adjusts to a new speed and with teaching, you start with an intense speed. There is no easing in. Headache tablets are handy to keep especially for excursions.
- Storage boxes/containers: no one has time to spend or waste cleaning up the unnecessary mess. No one also has mountains of spare time to locate items. Storage boxes are a must as they save time and help you keep items in place.
- Extra blu tak: I will never understand how so much Blu Tak goes missing but it does. From displays to whiteboards, blue tak just seems to constantly disappear. Always get extra.
- Desk organiser: You need something to keep the flow of items organised. Everything gets left or dumped on your desk. Having an organiser helps stem the flow of information and keeps information contained.
- Highlighters: you have so much information coming in, you just need to constantly keep the most important at the forefront. I am always just highlighting one or two things and ignoring the rest. I feel education wastes so much time with the irrelevant and meaningless information. Half of it could be said in a sentence. Highlighters help prompt you to just stick to what is vital.
- Diary of a planner: whether it is physical or digital, you need a place to record events, to-dos and important information. Investing in a planner is vital to me. I need to find an organisation system that works for me and allows me to be as effective as I can be..
The start of the year or the start of a job can be overwhelming. I find that if I just make sure that I have these things ready and organised, the rest I can get if I need or when I need. What are your essential start of year teaching supplies